Your longtime desire to lose weight never comes true because your mind always craves for yummy burgers or delicious plates of pasta! But if you are here, you are on right track to listen to both of your body & mind. For you here we are presenting the best keto diet grocery list & meal plan to satisfy your appetite with healthy diet plans.
Let’s start with knowing how this keto diet helps to lose weight??
Ketogenic diet is the name of dietary discipline where you will take fewer carbs about 50 grams a day & more fats so here fat will be the main source of your body fuel. The normal calorie distribution to a normal person in keto diet plan would be containing 60 – 75% from Fat (highest amount), 15 – 30 % from protein (moderate amount) & 5 to 10 % from carbohydrates (lowest amount).
After 2 to 7 days of starting this transition body ketosis procedure will take place where ketones or an organic molecule will produce to compensate for those missing carbs. This is the point body starts burning more fat for energy uses, mentioned by Beth warren a registered dietitian of Beth warren Nutrition.
Due to eating Ketogenic meal you will have a lower calorie intake, so, your body will retain less fluid in order to store carbs for energy, results in less body water weight. On the other hand, you will have piles of fat so it will help to curb the cravings & you will feel satisfied. Moreover, Fat acts as a body fuel, so definitely you will lose some body fat, in this world who don’t want to cut some fats from body??? So, these are the secrets of ‘Ketogenic Diet’ behind notorious weight loss magic.
Wish to shape my waistline, but how can I start a Keto Diet?
It is always challenging to adapt a new diet plan when you are a random foodie, you may think whether this transition is worth enough to carry on or not? If you are a newbie in the Keto diet grocery list & meal plan before going to shopping remove all those starchy, processed, sugary food from your refrigerator & pantry. Make your mind to do a list of foods containing lots of vitamins, minerals & nutrients.
Protein shopping List for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
Protein plays a big part in keto diet meal plan, so experts recommend buying the best quality of animal protein. Try to buy organic poultry, grass-fed organic beef, Lamb, Pork to limit the environmental toxin consumption. This grass fed red meat converts the fat composition to healthy fat option so, the human body can absorb the fat easily. US Wellness Meat is one of the best suppliers of organic meat. Another reason for eating grass fed animal protein because they are high in omega 3 (anti-inflammatory) profile.
If you can’t afford this organic meat then take leaner cut beef and a high quality of oil to prepare the meal. Mind it your body shows what you eat so be cautious about your meal.
Animal protein shopping list for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
- Chicken Breast
- Ground Beef
- Breakfast Sausage
- Uncured Bacon
Seafood for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
Wild or sustainably farmed seafood is recommended in keto diet grocery plan. Because these food are high in omega 3 with lots of healthy nutrients (protein, Selenium)
- Wild Salmon
- Sea scallops
Low Carb Vegetables & spices for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
When you are at a vegetable stall, fill your basket with low carb veggies containing high fibers, vitamins minerals & anti-oxidants. And avoid all starchy high-calorie underground veggies (e.g. carrots, beets, turnips, potatoes). Low carb vegetable list as follows-
- Bell Peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- Green Beans
Low sugar Fruits for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
Dairy products for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
Dairy Products are Keto Friendly & also a good source of Fat, Calcium & Protein. So, don’t skip it.
- Monterey jack
- Hard Mozzarella
- Fresh mozzarella
- Goat Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Cottage Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Full Fat Yogurt
- Non Sugar whipping Cream
- Heavy Cream
Oil for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Butter
- Nut oils
Nuts & Seeds for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
Nuts are rich in healthy fat but don’t take the seasoning or sweetening one. Choose raw or roasted Nuts as a snack in between 2 main meals.
- Macadamia nuts
- Brazil Nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Chia Seeds
Flour for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Psyllium Husk
- Coconut Powder
Condiments for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
Condiments those are Sugar free, gluten free non GMO are including in keto diets meal plan.
- Olive oil Mayonnaise
- Unsweetened Ketchup
- Oil based Salad Dressings
Others for Keto Diet Grocery List & Meal Plan:
- Protein Powders as supplements
- Sugar free jerky
- Dried Seaweed
- Red wine
- Non sugar teas or coffees
- Bone broth etc.
Keto Diet Meal Plans:
In today’s busy corporate world we hardly could manage time to cook so you may think maintaining a keto diet plan would be more difficult for you. Here introducing some easy to make keto meal plan to kick-started the new diet plan.
For a keto standard breakfast meal you can choose among eggs, sausages, hams & bacon. Raise your hand if can’t imagine your breakfast without egg. Eggs are the best source of high protein & low carb. So, Eggs are the real heart owner of keto worlds Breakfast meal plan.
Easy Keto Egg Frittatas Recipe:
Step 1: Pre-heat oven 350 F
Step 2: Chop all vegetables & whisk with egg on a mixing bowl
Step 3: Fill a muffin pan evenly
Step 4: Finally bake for 25 to 30 minute
For keto breakfast some Egg-cellent morning ideas may be:
- Day 1: Keto egg frittatas & quiches
- Day 2: Keto egg muffin with spinach, mushrooms or broccoli
- Day 3: Egg omelet with spinach , mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese
- Day 4: Bacon & egg fry cooked in bacon
- Day 5: Boiled egg and olive oil mayonnaise
- Day 6: 2 keto fruits smoothie with coconut milk & lemon juice.
- Day 7: Egg scrambled with cream cheese, bell papers and spinach
Keto Lunch & Dinner plan:
Tasty oven baked Chicken Recipe:
Step 1: Pre-heat oven 400 F
Step 2: Place Chicken breast on a baking tray
Step 3: Melt garlic & butter on a small pan & wait till butter cool for couple of minutes
Step 4: pour them over & inside the chicken. Bake on lower rack for 1 hour & Pour fat or juices over the chicken piece from the bottom of the pan over 20 minutes.
Step 5: Serve with sautéed Broccolis
To satisfy your taste buds we are introducing you 7 days lunch & dinner keto meal plan. Note it please for you those have busy tight work schedule can cook these meal once a week and enjoy safely throughout the week. Choose according to your appetite. You also have the options to alter the recipes for 30 days to fulfill your appetite.
Keto Lunch Plan options for a week:
- Day 1: Oven baked Lunch:
- Oven baked chicken breast with broccoli
- Baked Sausages with veggies,
- Keto fried chicken baked in Oven
- Day 2: Keto Grill Lunch:
- Grilled Redeye Steaks,
- Grilled Salmon or Chicken with Cauliflower rice bowl add some cheese, olives and dressings,
- Grilled Zucchini Boats & Kebabs,
- Keto Teriyaki Beef on a stick
- Day 3: Keto Red Meat Lunch:
- Keto Tortilla with grounded Beef or Salsa,
- Thinly sliced Beef / Lamb/ Pork wrap with lettuce , Cheese & Bell papers,
- Bacon Wrapped Keto Meatloaf,
- Day 4: Keto Salad Lunch:
- Steak Salad with Cilantro & Avocado Dressing,
- Salad with Bacon or Tuna add half Avocado, cheese, a few grape of tomatoes dressed it with high fat low carb ranch,
- Grilled Chicken & baby Bok Choy Salad
- Day 5 : Keto Soup Lunch:
- Roasted Butter nut Squash Soup, Creamy Broccoli cheddar Soup,
- Chicken Avocado Lime Soup,
- Cream of Zucchini Soup
- Day 6: Keto Casserole Lunch:
- Cheesy Chicken veggie Casserole,
- Cheesy Ham Casserole,
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole,
- Chicken Divan Casserole
- Day 7: Keto Fish Lunch:
- Keto Salmon Curry with spices
- Smoky Tuna Pickle Boats Roasted Cauliflower,
- Broccoli & Tuna Bowl
- Keto fried Sardines with Olive
- Mini Fish cake
Keto Dinner Plan options for a week:
- Day 1: Keto Soup Dinner:
- Keto no noodle chicken soup with cabbage
- Low Carb Creamy Chicken mushroom Soup
- Thai Coconut Soup
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Day 2: Keto Salad Dinner:
- Keto Chicken Shawarma salad,
- Shrimp Cauliflower Salad,
- Lemon Black pepper Tuna Salad,
- Greek Salad with Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Day 3: Keto vegetarian Dinner:
- Keto brown butter asparagus with creamy eggs,
- Keto Oven baked Brie Cheese,
- Keto Mushroom & Cheese Frittata , K
- Keto Cauliflower hash with Poblano
- Day 4: Keto Grill Dinner:
- Keto BBQ ribs with creamy Squash Salad,
- Keto Lamb Chops with Herb Butter,
- Keto Shish Kebab with garlic cream & roasted vegetables,
- Sweet & Sticky Chicken Wings with low carb Salad Dressings
- Day 5: Keto Baked Dinner:
- Oven baked chicken & Broccoli with sesame seeds sprinkle,
- Staffed Pork Chops,
- Keto lime pork chops,
- Creamy Mastered Lemon pork
- Day 6: Keto Seafood Dinner:
- Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles,
- Salmon Curry with long beans,
- Mixed Seafood Soup,
- Staffed & Wrapped Shrimp
- Day7: Keto Pasta Dinner:
- Carbonara Zoodles with crispy bacon & sage,
- Keto Spaghetti Squash Bolognese,
- Shrimp Piccata Pasta,
- Creamy Avocado Pasta with Chicken & Asparagus
Are you resistant to hunger or afternoon energy crashes? Of course not. No healthy person is immune to hunger instead of having fulfilling main meals. So, you have the options of having keto snacks when hunger hits or your energy level is very poor to keep you on track of keto diets Cheese Tacos, Keto cheese chips, keto pizza, Avocados, Handful of Nuts, Kale chips, veggie sticks, beef jerky, cherry tomatoes, and seaweed snacks are some healthy & yummy keto snack options to have in between main meals.
What a day of 1200 calories eating looks like on a keto meal:
If you want to start with at least calorie meal plan here given an example how you can shape your day to take only 1200 calorie Keto meal.
|Keto Meal Plan||Calories|
|Breakfast||Bacon & Egg Muffin with Spinach||180|
|Snack 1||Dry Seaweed & 5 strawberries||80|
|Lunch||4 oz Chicken Breast grill, sautéed broccoli & long beans with olive oil||386|
|Snack2||Pepperoni & cheese roll ups||230|
|Dinner||4oz Salmon , 5 asparagus spears with cherry tomatoes||310|
Keto diet on diabetes:
In a diabetic patient’s Keto Diet acts by 2 ways
- By reducing insulin need & blood sugar fluctuation
- By managing weight
The theory of Ketogenic diet on Diabetes management is well explainable, in keto diet you are taking less Carbs so less insulin is needed results less blood sugar spikes. In course of time better A1C is the outcome. Several studies also showed the effective result of keto diet on improving insulin sensitivity triggering diabetes control easier. Due to the positive result of reducing sugar level The Cleveland Clinic has launched a therapeutic Ketogenic program on diabetes patient. And the study result was published on February 2018 has pictured the result of keto diet & lifestyle modification more impressive in comparison the diet plan recommendation of American Diabetes association. Despite these positive results some patients developed insulin resistance by maintaining keto diet. Instead of increasing insulin sensitivity for a lower amount of carbs they need a higher amount of insulin, increasing insulin resistance. So, the results of Ketogenic Diet on Diabetes patients varies individual to individual. The best way to know the shot worthy or not is to start the trial under your doctor’s supervision.
SEE MORE: Congestive Heart Failure Life Expectancy
It’s no secret Keto diet is modern hype, but is it worth enough to follow the trend blindly?
People going crazy to try low-carb & high-fat diet plan because of its rapid weight loses traits. But still persists some arguments about keto diets Pros & Cons. But research has proven the low carb high fat eating regime changes body’s chemistry efficiently because Ketones act as the main body fuel here.
Health Benefits of Keto Diet:
- Rapid Weight loss: When you are on a keto diet you burn your stored & diet fat for energy, so results in rapid weight loss mainly from abdominal cavity, Ahh!! That’s an ultimate satisfaction. On the other hand, Ketones help to reduce your appetite by suppressing hunger hormone Ghrelin so, you will feel full until the next meal.
- Increase brains Functioning: Keto diet provides Neuroprotective benefits. Ketones are efficient sources of brain energy if needed they can fuel up to 70% brain energy, definitely higher than glucose energy source. Keto diet also helps to prevent & treat Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease & sleeping problems. Surprisingly a proven study showed Ketogenic diet & meal plan increase children’s cognitive function also.
- Improve hearts health: A healthy low carb high fat keto diet has an effective role at lowering blood triglycerides (fat molecules) thus decreases the risk of heart diseases. It also improves heart health by increasing good cholesterol (HDL) & decreasing bad cholesterol (LDL) .
- Mental satisfaction: One research has proven high fat & low sugar intake improves susceptibility of anxiety & depression.
- Increase energy level: During fat burning phase you may feel down, but eventually you will feel more energetic & greater endurance.
- In the management of type 2 Diabetes: lower carb diet helps to increase insulin sensitivity & controls blood sugar level.
- Clinicians suggest PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) patients to follow a Keto diet & meal plan as it is the guide of balance fitness & nutrition.
Health risks you may experience when you are on a keto diet meal plan: It is quite hard to stick on a keto diet routine for a long time. On initial stage, you may experience keto Flu, dehydration, constipation, weakness, fatigue. Also don’t forget the red meat, poultry skin, butter increases the Bad Cholesterol may result Heart disease. On later stage, long time Ketogenic diet may risk you to form Kidney stone, Acidosis, Muscle degeneration.
Challenge yourself to maintain a Keto Meal plan to boost your health & to shape your waistline. But In order to avoid the potential health risks you need to ensure your Ketogenic meal plan hitting all the nutritional values. Happiness starts with being healthy so, to be the better version of you stick with your Low Carb & High Fat Diet plan.